Chicago, IL, 60610
Why we love it
Our Review of Marianne Strokirk: Chestnut Street
- Marianne Strokirk is a Chicago beauty guru that has been recognized for decades by the media, the industry, and most importantly her clients, for her creativity and consistency.
- Spacious open modern loft-like space with hip and upbeat vibe. The Chestnut street location opened it's doors over 20 years ago but still feels new and cutting edge.
- Marianne Strokirk believes "there's no such thing as bad hair, just bad haircuts." You'll never get a bad haircut here as all of her stylists are personally trained.
- There is a private little pedicure room tucked away in the back that feels like a true escape.
- Strokirk's celebrity client list includes Hillary Clinton, Maria Shriver, and Diane Sawyer.
What to know
- Validated parking in front of building for $8.
- Located in the same building as Le Cordon Bleu Chicago Culinary School.
- They follow up with a phone call a few days after your service to make sure you're pleased with the results.
- Hair Services
- Nail Services
Appointments canceled within 2 hour(s) of the scheduled time will be charged a cancellation fee equaling 50% of the service price.
No shows will be charged the full service price.
Stacey Roney Founder of Beauty on Call and Glossed and Found
I am a little skiddish when it comes to trying a new stylist or colorist. With long, overprocessed hair, it's important to get the job done right the first time around. My poor locks can't handle a re-do if the color isn't right from the get-go. I can tell you my hair thanked me after this visit. I was greeted by a super nice girl at the front desk and was immediately escorted to my colorist Coleman. He recommended low lights to bring my hair back to a point where it looks highlighted again and not entirely colored. My stylist Eddie came over before the foils went on to consult with me about my cut and I felt he was knowledgeable and capable to deal with my thick, wavy hair. The color turned out great- not too brassy, not too white. He then applied a Kerastase amplue which is customizable and added moisture while repairing my hair. My hair looked and felt great. Jesse took a lot of time to give me a great cut and blow dry which I admit is not easy. Overall, I would definitely recommend and will go back!
Sunday - Wednesday Appointments
Every Salon. Every Service.
Receive $15 In Your Account
After Every 8 Bookings
Access Exclusive Perks & Upgrades
At Featured Salon Partners
How does it work?
Members who book at least one appointment per month unlock exclusive discounts and carefully curated perks, refreshed every month.
What's the catch?
No catch! Membership is free. Simply book those monthly must-haves and stay VIP.